Sunday, October 17, 2004

Opengeek has Gmail Invites

Edit: It seems Google is really starting to open up the Gmail service. From what I see in my account, invites are everywhere. If you want one, e-mail me @ invites@opengeek.org and I'll get one to you.

Thanks to those willing to write me something. It was interesting and well worth your time.




(Remainer of post left for archive reasons --best ignored.)


I have some. Want one of them? Write me something cool in the comment section below and one invite can be yours. You choose the topic, and length, but it needs to be original writing. I want to hear what you have to say simply because it might be interesting.

The first 5 creative entries get the invites. Have at it!

I will update the number of invites left here, so you don't have to worry about writing for nothing.

There are 3 invites to claim.

Edit: Seems I really did not think the invite thing through very well. When you post, go ahead and spam-proof your e-mail address. This will avoid the awkward exchanges I've had so far.


9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how can you support kerry when he voted for the DMCA

October 25, 2004 9:38 PM  
Blogger Doug Dingus said...

You have one invite, provided you can tell me how keeping Bush in office is better ;)

October 25, 2004 10:37 PM  
Blogger Doug Dingus said...

Looks like I cannot easily edit comments. I don't have to agree of course, but I am interested in your opinion supporting Bush.

October 25, 2004 10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure Bush isn't the greatest, but to me voting for the DMCA is a crime against our basic freedom of speech, which is unforgiveable.

I would never support anyone who violates such a basic freedom as my freedom of speech and my freedom to due process, especially not to satisfy the short sighted/misguided profit motives of large corporations.

Don't vote for Bush if you don't want to, but don't reward someone who sells out your most important rights.

October 25, 2004 10:58 PM  
Blogger Doug Dingus said...

Ok, e-mail me @ invite1@open_remove this_geek.org for your invite.

Having gotten that out of the way, why not follow this a bit farther.

The binary nature of our political system demands choice be prioritized and simplified. So, here is the big question:

Are the wrongs, and there are a lot of them, GW brings to the office worth a vote against Kerry just for the DMCA position he took given all the good he represents for the nation as a whole?

I too have a big problem with this. (The DMCA vote) But, I have far bigger problems with our current administration. The next 4 years *really* matter in that our next president will get to appoint multiple supreme court justices. Who will do a better job of picking sane replacement justices?

Remember those same justices will determine the outcome of an awful lot of DMCA / IP related litigation, along with a lot of other important issues.

Guess I am saying you just can't turn away a good choice on one issue --it's deeper than that.

Peace,

October 25, 2004 11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't really see why Bush's justices would be less supportive of the DMCA than Kerry's justices.

Bush has consistently said he would not allow a litmus test on an issue to determine whether or not he would appoint a justice, Kerry has not.

Thanks for your offer of a gmail invite, however I already have gmail and 6 invites of my own. I will keep watch on your blog though and if you run out of invites I'll add my 6 to yours.

Thanks for listening.

October 25, 2004 11:26 PM  
Blogger Doug Dingus said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 04, 2004 1:31 AM  
Blogger Doug Dingus said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 04, 2004 1:31 AM  
Blogger Doug Dingus said...

Red, mail me at invite2@opengeek.org

Others, leave a mail address next time, so I can send the invite directly without having to exchange a couple of e-mails to assure the invite goes to the right place.

November 04, 2004 1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home