Thursday, June 09, 2005

OpenGeek site updates and general Rambling

Update: [07/06/05] New information found below in red.

Update: I have had the hyperlink attributes turned off for a while and somebody finally noticed. Well, it's fixed. Thanks.

It's been a busy coupla weeks for me. Family issues, work, etc... all just a mess frankly. Tonight I'm going to take a break from it all and get some of the great new HD Radio samples I've received posted.
I've finally got local AM HD Radio samples from 1190 KEX here in Portland Oregon! You can find those on the Samples Page using the link embedded here, or on the sidebar. Enjoy!

I'm in the process of completing an e-mail question and answer session with Ibiquity. When that is done, I'll post the results here for your HD radio enlightenment and discussion. Topics range from technical issues to up and coming feature sets. I expect this in the next week or so. Until then, enjoy the samples Ibiquity sent my way.

Ibiquity has been stalling. I'm going to give them a little while longer, then publish the unanswered questions here. (Crosses fingers, hoping it's just a busy time for them.)

While not part of OpenGeek my other radio hobby site, PDXRadioSpots is about to see some new content as well. Into old radio audio clips and spots? Give it a look. There is a lot there, and more coming soon. (Thanks go to Randy for a copy of the old KSKD Salem Dolby FM alignment signal. Way cool.)

Finally, I've received a number of corrections to my HD Radio essay. (Thanks everyone for helping me sort that all out --much appreciated!) Look for a new version of that this weekend as well. Enough has changed that a new PDF version looks like a reality at this point as well. I'm not going to link that here as the changes are still in process. --Just wanting to let folks know I'm getting it done, that's all. You can use the quick link on the sidebar if you really want to. I'm still working on this. --coming soon!

My oldest daughter pulled a run away a couple weeks back. This put the brakes on most everything for a while. I'm actually tempted to just blog it all here to get it out, but something says I should just let it go and concentrate on healing and problem resolution. Normally, I would write a little but this really hurts and I'm not at all sure what to say... I guess this is just a quick thanks for everyone who helped me through the last coupla weeks. With kids, you just never know. Man, who ever knew being a parent was going to be so damn tough? I'm an adoptive foster parent to boot, meaning I asked for it too!

Don't take that the wrong way. I would not trade anything for the last 10 great years. It's just been a tough month. It's looking to be a real tough year ahead too.

I've got things under control for now. I'm finally starting to get over the hurt she has caused. You see, I'm an adoptive foster parent. 10 years of tough parenting really has taken it's toll. To have my own kid judge me, after all I've worked hard to do, really makes one wonder just what they are thinking. The many folks I have spoken to say I am doing the right things and it's just going to take time...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hopefully things are mending and on the upswing. Not that it helps much in this case, but at least you know where your towel is.

Take care, my friend.

June 09, 2005 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home